Aaron Davis is the Owner, Co-Founder, and a health and sports performance coach at Evolve Health and Performance (formerly Train Adapt Evolve), an Austin, TX, company specializing in athlete monitoring and health and sports performance/strength and conditioning consulting. Davis brings 10 years’ experience coaching athletes and teams across multiple sports. He has been a constant student of sports performance and health, drawing upon knowledge from leading experts in the field.
Aaron is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA), USA Weightlifting-L1 Sports Performance Coach, USA Level II Track and Field Coach, and a CrossFit L1. He earned a B.S. in Exercise Science from Fort Hays State University, where he competed for the Tigers’ track and field and cross country teams.
Coach Davis covers topics ranging from muscle length-tension relationships to muscle occlusion trends in sprinting and strength, and from muscle hypertrophy ideals to training cycle planning. He also gives an in-depth look into the way he utilizes the Moxy device to monitor blood occlusion in his athletes.
In this podcast, Coach Aaron Davis discusses with Joel:
- The muscle length-tension relationships in speed and strength expression.
- Individualizing speed endurance programming based on occlusion and blood flow trends.
- Ideas on training athletes for fast-twitch hypertrophy.
- Determining oxygen deprivation in workouts without technology.
- The idea of fluid tension.
- Using high-tension movements in power and elastic expressions of strength.
Podcast total run time is 46:55.
Aaron spoke to SimpliFaster about autoregulation, workout recovery, and more.
Keywords: speed development, hurdles, potentiation, special strength